As a Speaker
Matt is a featured subject matter expert at a variety of industry venues including SIAA meetings, Master Agency regional meetings, and state associations, in addition to presenting to insurance company field, sales and management organizations, as well as Boards of Directors for insurance carriers, including several Fortune 500 companies.
More about Matt
Matt was named to the Board of Trustees at Tilton School in 2016 serving on the Finance Committee and as Chair for the Admissions and Marketing Committee.
Matt resides in the New Hampshire Seacoast with his wife and three sons. When not working or at school, they can be found hiking, skiing, boating, and fishing.
In his tenure with SIAA and the insurance industry, Matt has:
- Developed SIAA’s internal operations and strategic direction, establishing SIAA as an independent insurance agency distribution channel.
- Engaged all 48 SIAA Master Agencies in the implementation, operations and growth of their organizations, based on the systems and experience developed in SAN Group.
- Consulted with Strategic Partner Companies in developing and deepening relationships with SIAA and the Master Agencies across the U.S.
- Guided SIAA to being ranked number one in Insurance Journal’s Top 20 Agency Partnerships in their 2019 annual Top 100 Report.
- Received the Insurance Business America Hot 100 Award in 2017, which recognizes leaders for shaping the future of the insurance industry. The Hot 100 is a list of the hottest influencers, innovators, and game-changers in America’s insurance industry and is comprised of those who have been nominated by their peers for their influential work in the industry.
Nonprofit and Charity Work:
Matt has worked professionally and personally to raise over $600,000 since 2016 for organizations such as Wounded Warriors Project, Veterans Count, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and The Jimmy Fund.
In 2013, Matt’s wife Martha was diagnosed with breast cancer. With a clean bill of health today, Matt and Martha set their sights on supporting the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund in Boston Massachusetts.
In 2018, they established the Matthew & Martha Family Fund supporting the Leonard P. Zakim Center for Integrative Therapy and Healthy Living. The Zakim Center is dedicated to the belief that cancer patients can enhance their quality of life through integrative therapies such as acupuncture and massage, and healthy living programs such as exercise and nutrition counseling.
Matt also teamed up with SIAA to host “A Pink Evening in Boston with SIAA.” This annual event serves as the kickoff to the SIAA National Business Meeting raising funds for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund. Each October since 2017, over 350 insurance professionals and their guests attend and generously contribute in direct support of Dana-Farber cancer research and patient care. This event has raised over $200,000 to date.